2022 ESG Report Highlights
Our 2022 ESG Report details our performance, strategic climate action, climate resilience, diversity & inclusion, healthy building, & community engagement efforts.
Places Powering Progress, Sustainably
- We remain on track to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2025.
- We have committed to setting a science-based target to achieve net-zero across all emissions scopes by 2050.
- We have achieved our energy and water reduction targets.
- We continue to execute actionable diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and goals.
- We issued an additional $750 million of “Green Bonds.”
2022 Awards & Accolades
- CDP Climate Change Score – “B”
- Commercial Property Executive – Best ESG Program
- DJSI North America Index Member
- ENERGY STAR Partner of The Year – Sustained Excellence
- Fitwel Best in Building Health Winner – Highest SF of Certified Space
- Green Lease Leader – Platinum
- GRESB Green Star, 5-star Rating
- MSCI ESG Rating – “AA”
- Newsweek’s America’s Most Responsible Companies – #29
- Sustainalytics Top 4% Global Universe
- Nareit’s Office Leader in the Light Award
- 100% Energy Star Rated Office Portfolio
- 28 Million+ Square Feet LEED Certified
"The ambition of our organization and perseverance of our team drives the execution of business activities aligned with stakeholder economic, environmental, and social priorities. We’re pleased with our progress to date and recognize the important role of the real estate industry in addressing climate change, human health, and social justice. Together with our stakeholders, we will continue to pursue positive performance outcomes and initiatives aligned with our sustainability strategy centered on climate action, resilience, and social good."
Senior Vice President, Sustainability, BXP