2020 ESG Report Highlights
Our 2020 ESG Report details our performance & strategic climate action, climate resilience, diversity & inclusion, health security, & community engagement efforts.
Green. Healthy. Resilient.
Committed to Carbon Neutral Operations by 2025
- We have committed to achieving carbon neutral operations, or net-zero carbon dioxide equivalent emissions, by 2025.
- Our emissions reduction target ambition is in line with a 1.5°C trajectory, the most ambitious designation available at the time of submission under the Science Based Targets initiative. In 2020, BXP was the only North American office company with this distinction.
Board of Directors Sustainability Committee Established
- Our Board of Directors formed a new committee of the Board dedicated to our sustainability activities, including climate action & resilience initiatives.
- The new committee assists the Board of Directors in its risk oversight responsibilities & serves as a direct resource to management.
Diversity & Inclusion Committee Established
- We established an internal Diversity & Inclusion Committee, reporting directly to Executive Leadership, to identify & pursue actionable goals & initiatives.
- The committee’s mission is to promote diversity, inclusion, equality, and transparency as part of our culture, business activities, & decision-making practices, while also providing an additional mechanism through which we can make a positive impact in the communities we serve.
Leadership in Healthy Buildings
- We have been leading the adoption of healthy building practices as a Fitwel Champion & 2020 Best in Building Health award winner.
- We achieved Fitwel Viral Response Module enterprise certification in 2020.
2020 Awards & Accolades
- America’s Most Responsible Companies 2020
- Energy Star Partner of The Year 2020
- Best In Building Health 2020
- 52 Energy Star Certified Properties
- 100% Energy Star Rated Office Portfolio
- 13 Million Square Feet Fitwel Certified
- Fitwel Viral Response Module Enterprise Certification
- 26 Million Square Feet LEED Certified
- GRESB Green Star, 5-star Rating
- MSCI “A” Rating
- S&P ESG Top 5% REA Real Estate
- Sustainalytics Top 5% Global Universe
“The success of our sustainability program is the result of collective action across the organization, from the board room to the boiler room, and I continue to be encouraged by the increasing engagement of stakeholders that support and align with our efforts. We will persist in advancing with purpose on this sustainability journey together."
Vice President, Sustainability, BXP